Sophia thought this question would make a good blog challenge: If you won the all-time jackpot lottery today, share how it would change your lifestyle and list ten material things that you would buy. Who hasn't wished for an unexpected windfall? I think it's a fun thing to ponder.
How would it change my lifestyle? I'd like to discover whether or not the solving of the things that bug me about our current finances would really affect our happiness. I would definitely do more things for my kids, like more lessons and traveling. I would have one more baby. But I think the biggest change would be to Kendell's lifestyle, because he could at last leave the job he is grateful for but doesn't like.
The things I would buy:
- A dream home? Maybe. There are tons of things I'd love to change about my current house. A dream house would have a gym in it, with a set of bars (you know...the gymnastics thing). A cool scrapbooking room. A little, high room with lots of windows that would be for writing and thinking. But, in many ways, our current location is a dream. Namely, our kids have tons of friends. I'm not sure I'd trade that for something bigger!
- A big, big truck for Kendell. Whatever he wanted---he's been so good about letting me have the new vehicle while he carpools or drives his ancient (1972!) truck.
- A boat. I grew up with a boat and wish we could have one. I love water skiing!
- A Mustang. I am totally not a car girl. As long as what I drive is reliable and has air conditioning and a few little luxuries, I'm happy. BUT---I've always loved Mustangs. I'd get the fastest one they sell, in silver.
- Travel, travel, and more travel.
- A laundress. Honestly...I don't yearn for a housekeeper. And I don't mind most parts about doing laundry; sorting, carting it all downstairs to the laundry room, running the machine, folding and putting away. But, I absolutely DETEST hanging up the clothes I don't want to be wrinkled. And I just downright REFUSE to iron. So, I'd have the laundress doing those things.
- Speaking of laundry: clean sheets. EVERY SINGLE DAY! Don't you love the feeling of crawling into clean sheets?
- Education. OK, that doesn't really qualify as "material." But, a sudden windfall would pave the way for more school. See, I'm such a geek. I really do want to go back to school and get my PhD.
I must be unimaginative. Or fairly happy with my life---because I can only think of eight things!