- Haley started doing her internship for her pharm tech certification this week. (She took a night class last semester for the coursework.) She has to do 180 (unpaid!) hours at a pharmacy, and she got a spot at Ridley's. (We went to every pharmacy we could think of, and they all either already had an intern, didn't take under-21-interns, or didn't do internships at all.) She wanted Target but she's really liking Ridley's. It is a strange experience, watching my daughter moving forward. Bittersweet but rewarding all at once. I am so proud of her!
- Yesterday my mom called to see if I could come help her clean out a room in her house because the painter is going to come this weekend. (She wants to sell her house and move closer to the rest of us, to something smaller, but she has a lot of stuff to sift through before that happens!) Then she told me her furnace wasn't working. I helped her with a reliable heating & air guy (the people she called told her she'd need a new furnace; my awesome & amazing neighbor was able to repair a part for less than $200) and then Kendell & I went out in the late afternoon to help her with the room. While we were decluttering I found some old school photos of me that I hadn't seen in years, the nativity from my childhood which my mom thought Dad had thrown away, and my Swatch. I'm ridiculously excited for all of them, but I have a half-formed blog post in my head about the Swatch and how rooms hold the ghosts of memories.
- We are totally socked in here: the air pollution is thick. It makes me anxious on so many levels, but here is something I can't understand: all the high school track coaches sending their track teams out to run. It seems thoroughly irresponsible to me.
- Today was a textile day. As all five of my family members had mentioned something to me about laundry over the past 48 hours, I decided it was time to get some done. So today I didn't ever even get out of my pajamas. I just sorted clothes, folded clothes, sorted socks, cleaned out Kaleb's dresser, and babysat the washing machine. In between laundry I worked on Kaleb's dinosaur quilt. (Yes! the very one I started working on in June---of 2010. I know!) I had all the blocks sewn into strips, so today I sewed the strips together and added the border. When I finish this blog post I'm going to put the last piece onto the (pieced) back and then hopefully I'll get it pinned together this weekend so I can quilt it on Monday. Only...I'm not certain I've decided how to quilt it, or what color of thread to use. At any rate, even though I didn't balance the checkbook or investigate flights to Miami or finally figure out which laser printer to buy, I did feel like I was productive today.
- Which is a marked change from the rest of the week. Between the air pollution, the cold (it's been in the single digits and the negatives here, which is COLD for us), and not sleeping well (I've been taking Trazadone for awhile to help my sleep, but I'm trying to not take it for awhile to see if it's making my brain fuzz worse), all I've wanted to do was sit around drinking hot chocolate. Like...cups of it, every day. And very little exercise. Maybe next week I'll find some motivation somewhere.
How was your week?