The Blueness continues. It is a combination of this winter we are having, which started out with lots of lovely snow (which doesn't make me blue), but then turned into freezing temps (it is rare for Utah to be this cold, single degrees and lower) which turned into an inversion. The painful cold is one thing but the smog eating away at the mountains and dirtying lungs...it makes me a little bit crazy. Plus, I've only run outside once this month, on January 10 when, just before a little storm, a wind kicked up and cleaned out the air. I've done some treadmill running (kill me now) and some miles on the track at the Rec (6 1/5 laps per mile there, which is frustratingly hard to keep track of), but entirely not enough exercising.
I can't wait to run outside.
My friend Karen had a post on her blog yesterday about celebrating, so in an effort to pinken up, here are some things I am celebrating:
1. This is the view from my office window:
Trees with fresh snow and more coming down. Big white flakes falling hard and fast. It seems like everyone is complaing about more snow, but I am, officially, not complaining. I've never in my life made it to my personal snow threshold (when one cries out "enough snow!!!"). Even if I have to drive somewhere.
2. It's Wednesday and I don't have to work again until the weekend.
3. I have a few layouts to make for my Saturday post on WCS. I love sitting down to scrap!
4. Kaleb's dinosaur quilt is just about ready to be quilted. All of the pieces for Jake's quilt are cut. And I know what I am going to do for Haley's graduation quilt. (All of which makes me think I should also sew something quilty for Nathan!)
5. Hot chocolate in the Eeyore cup I bought in Disneyland. The dark, good Starbucks hot chocolate (which no one but me likes, so the can is lasting forever!), with a splash of half-and-half. And marshmallows.
6. Our anniversary is coming up next month. Trying to decide how to properly celebrate it in February. ("Let's go somewhere tropical, with perhaps a jungle hike and some ruins to explore" is my real answer, but, alas, that money will be spent on a new roof in the spring. WHEEEEE.)
7. Everyone getting straight As on their report cards!
8. Haley's upcoming choir concert. While I am annoyed at some of the choices her teacher has made, I'm excited to listen to her sing.
9. My kitchen is clean. Also, I found a startling but altogether effective consequence for yesterday's messy basement. No yelling or long discussions or cheese-throwing involved.
10. The cold sensitivity in the crown I had a few weeks ago is starting to go away. And my bite seems to be returning to normal.
11. Gloves, scarves, boots, sweaters. I'm not tired of any of them yet.
12. When the snow slows down I'm going to go outside. Outside! No running but I am going to shovel the driveway. Kendell usually beats me to it, but I enjoy shoveling snow.
What are you celebrating right now?