I love when words have several meanings that work together. Take the word "resolution," for example. It can mean a long-term goal. But it can also mean the solution to a problem. The meanings work together because the goal can solve a problem---if you follow through.
I'm working at being better on the follow-through.
I have some year-long goals for 2013. I need to revist my 2012 goals, to see how I did. And I've had my kids sit down to write some 2013 goals for themselves.
But I'm also trying to think smaller, in monthly goals that are pieces to the larger yearly goals. Here are my January 2013 goals:
- Finish and submit my "You Aren't Having a Baby" essay (it is the submit part that I've failed at recently)
- Get on top of these medical issues: Kendell's oral surgery, echos for the three Bigs, and a mammogram for me. (Did it yesterday, are you proud?)
- Finish this cryptic project. (Again: yesterday. Notarized and mailed.)
- Read the Ensign.
- Renew my Writer's Digest and Poets and Writers subscriptions.
- Write a December-2012-in-review blog post.
- Scrapbook Christmas 2013 and 2009.
- Finish Kaleb's and Jake's quilts.
What are your January goals?