- We had leftover chicken curry for dinner on Friday. My boys love my chicken curry. I like it but I feel like I'm missing a secret ingredient...it seems a little bit flat to me. I've started joking about getting a job at our favorite Indian restaurant just so I can learn what the secret ingredient is.
- On Friday night, all of my kids were gone. Haley was with her boyfriend, Jake was hanging out with his friends, Nathan was at a scout camp out, and Kaleb was having a sleep over at his cousin's house (in preparation for an exciting Saturday at the dinosaur exhibition). It was the strangest feeling!
- I finished cutting out all the squares for the quilt I'm working on, and got things pinned together. And I started piecing squares together. It will go quickly now. I'm trying to decide if I have the patience to quilt this or if I should have it quilted. (I will need patience because it will be a thick quilt.) Thoughts?
- We started getting caught up on The Game of Thrones. I've read the first book in this series and we watched the first two seasons, but I've forgotten who's who. I might need a GoT Cliff Notes summary.
- Sunday night's dinner left me all kinds of discouraged. I made brown rice and chicken, which is, true, one of my go-to meals. But when Someone complained about "can't we have something else?" and Someone else said "This rice is not soft enough" and No One said "Thanks for dinner Mom"...I don't know. I know I sound whiny. I'm just tired of Dinner Drama.
- I was late to church because I totally forgot I was in charge of primary sharing time. Cue guilt.
- I resumed reading Sweet Tooth, which I'd put away because it just wasn't grabbing me. On page 82 or so it says "This is where the story really starts" and I thought...OK, why didn't you just start here then, Ian McEwan? I am hoping it all comes together and I feel satisfied at the end.
- I stayed up late on Saturday night and finished Finding Francesca.
- I was up late because I wanted to finish my book and because I was waiting for Haley, who was at prom:
Doesn't she look pretty? She designed her outfit around the cameos she's wearing. They belonged to my mother-in-law. I LOVE that she wanted to do this! She had two white lace dresses she couldn't choose between and only decided on this one about two hours before the dance. (I'll just return the other one.)
How was your weekend?